We received Kennedy's file in September and had 72 hours (yes, 72 HOURS) to decide if we were going to accept her referral. Needless to say it was not a hard decision. Truth be told, I am not sure why we even waited the full 72 hours. She had our heart from from day 1!
So where does this leave us now in the process?
We have been officially approved to adopt by all government agencies and our visa applications have been submitted. Now we are just waiting on travel dates. While all of this is very exciting and our little girl is perfect in every way, she will have a long road ahead of her once we get home. So will her new family! When you think about us, we could really use your prayers over the next couple months (or years, or decades). Below are someways we would love for you to pray for us:
- Pray that we get travel dates quickly and can go get our little girl.
- Pray for all that has to happen to get ready for Kennedy to come home. We have rooms to rearrange, kids to move around, and a long list of things to do around our house.
- Pray that the Lord would begin to work in Ryland, Seth, and Wyatt's heart as they adjust to a new sibling that will likely take a lot of their parent's attention.
- Pray for Kennedy's health and development. She is significantly below weight and height for her age, which can mostly be contributed to being in an orphanage for her entire life and that she has a bi-lateral cleft lip and palate. However, in July she was moved to a foster home so we are hoping that will contribute to some significant developmental changes.
- Pray for the team of doctors at Texas Children's Hospital that will help resolve her cleft pallet/lip. When Kennedy gets home we will begin meeting with them and her pediatrician to put a plan together for surgeries, nutrition, and development.
- Pray that Kennedy will attach quickly to Chad and I and will quickly attach to her sister and brothers as well.
- Pray that Chad and I will have patience, wisdom, and discernment when it comes to caring for Kennedy in all ways (physically, emotionally, mentally, and spiritually).